JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you a Senior Accountant looking to continue your career in a critical role that helps drive organizational strategy? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment? Do you have at least three years of Accounting experience, driving projects and process improvement initiatives? Are you a data-driven collaborator who can take the reins when needed? Are you looking to help develop processes while also learning and growing in your professional capacity? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
A growing Westborough, MA start-up that owns and operates drive-through coffee stands and car washes in MA, RI, and FL is looking for our next team member to join the Finance Department. The right candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of our explosive growth while further developing their accounting skills. The purpose of the Senior Accountant position is to support the Controller and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on all financial requirements, from interim financial statement preparation to budgeting and forecasting. This position is also responsible for general accounting and maintaining the organization’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies.
AUTHORITY AND SUPERVISION:
- Reports directly to the Controller
- This position has no direct reports
- Accounts Payable
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Input invoice details into QuickBooks
- Conduct vendor payment status inquiries
- Process W-9 requests from vendors
- Prepare the 1099-MISC reporting activities
- Print and mail checks to vendors as needed
- Process CashPro ACH/Wire payments on a scheduled and Ad-hoc basis
- Month-End Activities
- Support Month-end close process
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Review and reconcile cash, prepaid accounts, accounts payable, intercompany payments, and other balance sheet accounts
- Prepare month-end financial reports for management
- Other Duties
- Complete Ad-hoc projects and requests from Controller and CFO
- Assist with sales tax filings and preparations
- Aid in business card management
- Attainment of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years verifiable experience as an Accountant.
- Minimum of 1 year of Public Accounting and Audit experience required, with two years or more preferred.
- Possess knowledge of commonly used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Advanced Excel knowledge using pivot tables; overall knowledge and skill with Microsoft products.
- The following are preferred and considered a plus for consideration:
- QuickBooks Online experience
- CashPro experience
- Experience with 1099 filings
- Current CPA
- Has written GAAP Policies
- Experience working with External Auditors
- At least one year of Retail Accounting experience
- Experience with ERP Implementations
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment across various levels of management.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Capable of working independently while also skilled at working collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, work well under pressure, and possess the ability to meet changing deadlines.
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly, shift focus, and reprioritize at a moment’s notice.
- Must be highly organized, able to problem-solve, and have extreme attention to detail.
- Aptitude and desire to learn and grow.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No certifications are required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – The physical requirements described here represent those that a team member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include:
- Close vision for review of information on a PC monitor and hard copy output. Must be able to visually discern different colors, patterns, text, and type.
- Repetitive use of hands, fingers, wrists, and forearms, with the manual dexterity to properly manipulate various equipment and implements used to compose various communications mechanically and manually.
- Auditory and oral proficiencies to receive verbal instructions and have clear and precise verbal exchanges of ideas and interpersonal interactions.
- Able to regularly spend long hours sitting at the computer, viewing the computer monitor, and performing daily tasks.
- Capably maneuver and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to handle moderate stress in a fast-paced environment while performing multiple tasks with changing deadlines.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT – The working environment characteristics described here represent those that a team member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be exposed to low to moderate noise levels, such as those from a typical office environment.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, Transcendent Brand’s job descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive, and this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members may perform other duties and tasks as assigned and related duties as needed to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our team members unique.